Getting kids to do their homework can be like banging your head against the wall, because like my son after a long day he’ s had enough of education by then and to be honest when I was at school I felt exactly the same.
So how do you get kids to do their homework,
- Have a routine, so the more they know that it is time to sit down and do some work even if it is reading, the less reluctant they will be and will usually conform after several attempts and be used to knowing that now it is time for homework
- Make it fun, I created some charts and use flash cards a lot
- Ask questions to build up their interest, as they will interact more
- Create a homework plan if it makes it easier and then your child will be prepared for each day
5. Have an aim for each day, so for example for Henry it is for him to write more and because being a writer myself and a lover of books it is important for me to see Henry practice his reading, along with working on numbers and different words
6. Set goals for them, so they have a target for each part of the year, and work along with the school to see what their targets are so you can work together with them to enhance your childs learning
7. Remember to praise and reward during and after homework is completed and it will help make them look forward to it rather then dread and be something they want to do rather than what they have to do.
Check out an example of a homework planner I have created for my son Henry which you could use too below:
Remember to like and follow me if you would like to be kept up to date of more posts I write The Parenting Adventures Tips and Tricks.
You can also keep up to date on my network site:
Many thanks for reading,