Limiting screen time for kids can be tricky, as wherever you look people are watching their phones, laptops, tablets and TV’s.
However I do think it is important, to do other activities aswell as watching TV or his tablet.
We will go for a walk to the park, take Henry on a train or bus, do some reading or he will play out in the garden.
Having no technology for a few hours or so a day, can help all round, as we can get lost in our phones, as parents we need to be on high alert a lot of the time, so limiting screen for ourselves is important too, and sets a good example.
Here are 12 tips on how to limit your child’s screen time:
- Set the example
- Remember your the parent so you can set boundaries in terms of screen time
- Set limited viewing times
- Encourage other activities
- Play with your kids
- Check to see what they are watching
- Set Parental control
- observe child’s change in behaviour
- If it is keeping them awake, limit screen time until 6pm
- Have some family time, at meal times and going out for the day
- No TV in bedrooms
- Listen to the radio instead of the TV on some days
So I hope this has helped you, and remember to like this post if you did below, and remember to follow me on WordPress if you would like to kept up to date on my blogs.
If there are any topic regarding parenting you would like me to cover then please get in touch, by filling in the form below.